What is PRAP Plus?
PRAP Plus works in direct correlation with the already existing Private Rental Assistance Program (PRAP).
The purpose of PRAP Plus is to provide households with additional practical support in accessing , establishing or maintaining private rental tenancies.
PRAP Plus supports those that are tenancy ready by means of advocacy, utilising relationships with local real-estate agents and drawing on knowledge of housing legislation.
The PRAP Plus initiative will encompass a component that offers incentives such as minor alterations or repairs to the property to benefit the tenant. A more hands on approach in conjunction with financial assistance provides a more tailored program in the prevention of homelessness within in the Inner Gippsland area.
PRAP Plus is designed to:
- Provide time limited outreach intervention to support tenancies (up to 12 weeks)
- Address issues which are contributing to the risk of tenancy breakdown.
- Achieve outcomes that lead to successful and sustainable private rental tenancies.
- Reduce preventable exits from private rental.
- Prevent homelessness.
How can I access PRAP Plus support?
The PRAP Plus outreach support can be accessed via any of the following:
- An application completed with the assistance from a support worker or Homeless Entry Point.
- A direct referral from a Real Estate or Property Manager.
What area does the program service?
To be eligible for assistance from Quantum Support Services you must be a current resident of one of the following shires:
- Latrobe City
- Baw Baw Shire
- South Gippsland Shire
- Bass Coast Shire
Location of Service
Our PRAP Plus support workers are centrally located at our Morwell Office and provide outreach within the Gippsland community.