Feedback Process
Feedback process
Clients Rights Statement:

If you are seeking or receiving a service from Quantum you will have the right to:

Make your own choices about your life and future.

  • Respect and dignity, including respect for your culture and to be free from discrimination.
  • Privacy and to have services provided in a confidential manner.
  • Feel safe and free from physical, sexual, emotional and/or verbal abuse.
  • Assistance during a crisis and support to find and maintain suitable long-term options for your situation.
  • Assistance, where Quantum is unable to support you, to access other services.
  • Make informed decisions about services and support provided to you.
  • Participation in decision making about the services provided to you, including making suggestions on how Quantum can make improvements to its services.
  • Make a complaint and appeal a decision if you feel you have been treated unfairly.
  • Have an advocate of your choice involved in the provision of services to you.
Clients Responsibilities Statement:
  • Clients of Quantum will be responsible for:
  • Respecting the privacy of others.
  • Treating others with dignity.
  • Undertaking agreed tasks.
  • Respecting the rights of others to feel safe.
  • Respecting the cultural backgrounds of clients.
  • Providing correct and necessary information to the best of your ability.

Quantum Support Services also acknowledges the Client Services Charter (The Department of Health & Human Services), the Charter for Children in Out-of-Home Care, and the Home and Community Care Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

Quantum respects the right of clients to privacy of their personal information. To protect your privacy Quantum follows the 10 principles described by the Privacy Legislation. These principles set the guidelines for us to handle your personal information.

What is personal information?

Personal information is  information which identifies a person. It can include your name address, gender, age, financial details, education, personal circumstances such as housing arrangements, health conditions and or your employment history.

Collection of Personal Information:

Quantum only collects the information which is necessary to provide you with a service. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct and necessary information to enable us to provide you with the best possible service. Your consent will be requested before your information is used for any other purpose such as surveys or research purposes.

Your Right to Privacy:

You have a right:

  • To be fully informed about the type of information being held about you and how it is treated.
  • To assurance that personal information held about you will be protected from loss and misuse.
  • Be advised about what happens to personal information. ( Why it is being collected who will see it, where it will be stored and who will have access to it)
  • Of access to your personal information in most circumstances. Please ask a staff member for more information about applying for access to your personal information and the circumstances under which access may be denied.
  • To make changes to your personal information if you believe it is not accurate or up to date.
  • You have a right to the option of seeking help from Quantum without identifying yourself. (You must be aware that without full information about you we may not be able to provide you with the best possible service)

Privacy Statement:

Quantum Support Services is committed to the safe and respectful handling of personal and health information. The handling of information is managed in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, the Health Records Act 2001 and other legal obligations.

The Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, the Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005, the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, govern the sharing of information held by Quantum Support Services and privacy obligations.

Quantum Support Services is a prescribed information sharing entity under both the Child Information Sharing Scheme and Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and may disclose information provided in accordance with those schemes.

What should I do if there is a breach of privacy?

Complaints regarding the handling of information should be directed to Quantum Support Services, Executive Director, Cindy Pullar.


Address: Cindy Pullar, 227 Princes Drive, PO Box 222, Morwell 3840,

Phone: (03) 5120 2000.

If unsatisfied with the outcome, a direct complaint can be made to the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC), visit website or phone 1300 006 842.

Other Contacts:

Victorian Privacy Commissioner

30th Floor Level 11,

10-16 Queen Street Melbourne 3000

Phone: (03) 8619 8719 or 1300 666 444

Health Service Commissioner

570 Bourke Street Melbourne 3000

Phone: (03) 8601 5200 or 1800 136 066

Both Commissioners can investigate your complaint in relation to privacy practice and are able to serve compliance notices inclusive of penalties units if a breach of privacy has occurred.

You may also choose to seek assistance from the Homelessness Advocacy Service if preferred which can be contacted on 1800 066 256.

Access to your personal information:

Clients shall be given access to the personal information held by Quantum about them unless:

Providing access would pose a serious threat to the client or another individual.

Providing access would unreasonably have an impact on another’s privacy.

The request has no reasonable grounds.

The information is related to legal proceedings between Quantum and the client and the information could not be made available during the course of the proceedings.

Providing information would prejudice negotiations between Quantum and the client.

Providing access would be illegal or denying access is required by law.

Providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation, prevention, detection, prosecution, or punishment of illegal activities.

In all of these cases Quantum will consider the best possible action to meet the client’s and organisational needs. Quantum will take the necessary action to ensure that personal information is current and accurate.

If the client and Quantum disagree about the accuracy of personal information a client may request that a statement be attached to the file concerning the accuracy and currency of the information.

Quantum will provide the client with reasons why personal information may be withheld.

A response to a request for access to personal information must occur within a reasonable time frame.

Client complaints and appeals:

What Can You Complain About?

  • Unprofessional behaviour by staff.
  • Unsatisfactory services you have received.
  • Misuse of your personal information.
Who do you contact if you have a complaint?
  • A staff member involved with your issue
  • A Supervisor or Manager
  • Other organisations listed below
When you contact Quantum:

Contact Quantum and we will:


  • Give you information about what you need to tell us when making a complaint.
  • Give you a copy of the Quantum Complaints and Appeals policy.
  • Deal with your complaint promptly.
  • Try to resolve your complaint.
  • Keep you up to date about the progress of your complaint.
  • Provide other options if you wish to seek external help.
Lodging Your Complaint:

Lodge your complaint with a Supervisor and/or Manager as quickly as possible as any delay can make it more difficult to investigate what happened.

Need Any Help?

If you have any problems telling us what happened or why you are not satisfied let us know so that we can assist you to make your complaint.

  • We can arrange an interpreter if necessary.
  • You can ask another person to assist you when making the complaint.
  • You may request someone else to lodge a complaint on your behalf. Make sure you give them written permission to do this for you.
What to tell Quantum about your complaint:
  • What has happened to cause you to make a complaint?
  • What was the approximate time and date that the incident or problem occurred?
  • Was anyone present at the time? Who was this person or persons?
  • Was anyone else who was not present involved with this incident or problem?
  • How did the incident or problem affect you?
  • In a few words tell us about how you would like the complaint resolved?
If you make your complaint in writing tell us:
  • Your name
  • Your address
  • Telephone number
  • The date


Provide us with your complaint as quickly as possible after the incident or problem has occurred. Any delay may make it more difficult to investigate.

Not Satisfied?

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled you can contact:

  • The Homelessness Advocacy Service on free call 1800 066 256 for clients of QUANTUM’ homelessness service The Homelessness Advocacy Service provides support and advice to clients in making complaints and is a free service.
  • Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) Corporate Integrity, Information and Resolutions unit free call 1300 884 706 (see next page Making a Complaint to The Department of Health & Human ’)


  • The Victorian Ombudsman on Free Call 1800 806 314 Level 1 North Tower, 459 Collins Street, The Ombudsman is independent and impartial and provides a free service.
Making a complaint to the Department of Health and Human Services
Providing complaints to the Department:

The Department of Health and Human Services provides, funds and regulates a range of services to people throughout Victoria. The Department aims to enhance and protect the health and wellbeing of all Victorians, in particular vulnerable groups and those most in need, by providing through its direct and indirect programs high quality services in a range of areas including:

  • Aged care
  • Child protection
  • Disability
  • Drugs
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Juvenile justice
  • Mental health
  • Specialist children’s services


We welcome your complaints, comments and suggestions as they help us improve our services.

The Department will be able to:
  • Client of the department
  • Client’s family
  • Client’s friend
  • Agencies
  • Advocate and support groups
  • Department staff
  • Members of Parliament
  • Members of the public

Complaints can be verbal or in writing.

How to make a complaint to the Department?

What can you make a complaint about?

  • Unprofessional behaviour.
  • Poor advice.
  • Unsatisfactory service.
  • Misuse of information.
The Department will be able to:
  • Listen.
  • Give you information and advice.
  • Help you get answers to your questions.
  • Try to resolve your complaint.
  • Deal with issues in a timely manner.
  • Keep you up-to-date on your complaint’s progress.
  • Provide advice about other internal and external review options, where appropriate.
Need assistance?

If you have any problems telling us what happened or why you are dissatisfied let us know so that we can assist you with making your complaint.

Quantum or the Department can arrange an interpreter if you or anyone else you know making a complaint needs that help.

You may request someone else to lodge a complaint on your behalf. You should give them written permission to do this.

Want to know what is happening with your complaint?
  • Call us to check on the progress of your complaint
  • We will explain what has happened and what will happen next
  • We will give an indication of how long the process will take
  • We will advise how simple or complex it will be to resolve your problem.
What happens to the information collected about complaints?

Your complaint information is used to investigate and hopefully resolve your matter and that may involve sharing the information with other relevant areas in the Department.

Statistical information regarding complaints is also used to improve the Department’s services, better understand community needs and respond more positively to complaints or suggestions.


When seeking a service from Quantum you are entitled to have someone else of your choice also attend meetings with a Quantum staff member. This person may act as an advocate and support you to speak out on your own behalf or support you in making a complaint about services provided to you.

You may choose to have a family member or a friend advocate on your behalf and attend your meetings with Quantum staff. You may also like to have a worker from another service involved as an advocate in your meetings with Quantum staff. Alternatively, you may wish to contact one of the following advocacy services


Aged Care Advocacy is available for people receiving aged care services such as a community aged care package (support at home), flexible care, or have been assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).

Gippsland Disability Advocacy

This service provides advocacy for people with an intellectual disability and provides assistance in a range of areas including denial or infringement of client rights, and potential abuse, discrimination or negligent treatment. The service contact details are:

Advocacy and Support in making complaints about Homelessness Services is provided by:

Council to Homeless Persons (VIC)

Ombudsman Victoria

The Office of the Ombudsman of Victoria will offer assistance to you in pursuing a complaint and can be contacted on: