Youth Justice Community Support Services (YJCSS)
Youth Justice Community Support Services assists clients across Gippsland to complete their Youth Justice Order, connect into community and pro-social activities. Support can include access to mainstream services including education, employment, health, counselling, housing, multicultural, youth specific and recreation.
Who is this program for?
Young people aged 12 to 21 on a Youth Justice Order. A Youth Justice Case Manager assesses the suitability of a young person to be referred to Youth Justice Community Support Service.
- Holistitc case-management
- Support provided to comply with Youth Justice requirements
- Client centred and individualised approach
- Advocacy and Support to ensure young persons voices are heard
- Individual support and assistance to address issues impacting on the young person’s transition to independent living and support to maintain tenancy
- Assistance to obtain identification, Medicare card etc.
- Support to access Centrelink and manage finances
- Linkages provided to education, training or employment
- Information and Referrals
- Support provided to access pro-social activities and community activities
- Assistance to improve family and peer relationships and access counselling as required
- Support to access health care services
Eligible Young people will be determined by Department of Justice and Community Safety—Youth Justice.
The Department of Justice and Regulation— Youth Justice will raise referrals with Quantum for appropriate assessment.