Tenancy Advocate & Support Worker – Outer Gippsland
• Flexible working arrangements including some Working From Home • Full time, ongoing and promotional opportunities within the organisation • SCHADS Award Level 5 ($75,000-$80,000), located in Bairnsdale with travel across Gippsland
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
ABOUT THE ROLE – The Advocacy and Support Program combines three separate services involving the Tenancy Plus, Tenancy Support Program, Aboriginal Tenants At Risk (ATAR) and the Tenancy Advocacy and Advice Program (TAAP).
- Engage with tenants whose tenancies are identified as at risk and provide a range of interventions that will support the client group via holistic case management.
- Develop effective working relationships with community service providers & funding bodies to ensure a range of appropriate services are available to Social Housing & Private rental tenants.
- Attend the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to support and advocate on behalf of social housing tenants & private tenants.
- Provide accurate tenancy information to disadvantaged tenants & family violence victims.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced practical knowledge of the ‘Residential Tenancies Act’
- Knowledge and experience in attending the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on behalf of tenants.
- The ability to work within a team in achieving results for both clients and the program area and organisation in general.
- Knowledge of Social Housing policies & procedures
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working With Children Check/Police Check
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications appropriate to the field or demonstrated experience
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document. To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees.