Team Leader – Community Connections Program
• Flexible working arrangements including some Working from Home • 38hrs per week, ongoing with and promotional opportunities within the organisation • SCHADS Award Level 7 ($85,000-$90,000), located in Morwell 3840
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
The Community Connections Program (CCP) aims to assist people with unmet complex needs who live in low cost accommodation, are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Develop effective working relationships with community service providers & funding bodies to ensure a range of appropriate services are available to the client group.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, procedures and practices and referral options for clients.
- Participate in the ongoing implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the programs service delivery requirements and contribute to program planning.
- Assist the Manager in identifying quality improvement initiatives.
- Have a strong knowledge of case management.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in leadership including the capacity to lead and support staff groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which can be appropriately used when working with clients, families, colleagues, Government Departments and community organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, monitor and evaluate a service that meets the client’s needs within policy and program guidelines.
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working with Children Check/Police Check
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications appropriate to the field
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document. To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees.