Specialist Family Violence Youth Worker
An exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Family Violence Youth team in supporting Youth to develop positive strategies to address adolescent violence in the home. Work Life-Balance - Flexible work arrangements | Salary packaging| | Flexi time. Wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program | Wellbeing Program |Wellbeing days. Culture - Supportive| Respectful |Inclusive |Diverse | Empowering | Collaborative , located in Morwell and other Quantum sites as required.
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
- Knowledge of family violence principles, philosophies, policies and legislation.
- Provide Case management Support to young people who are using violence in the home.
- Facilitate opportunities for the youth to develop positive connections.
- Work within ‘The Best Interests Case Practice Model (DFFH) and Trauma Informed Practice’ frameworks.
- Identify, assess and prioritise the risk and needs of women, children and young people experiencing family violence.
- Reflects and promotes expected standards of behaviour and codes of conduct.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Location – Morwell and other Quantum sites as required | Flexible working arrangements supported
- Job Security – 1EFT (38 hours) Fixed term to 30.6.2023
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | $88,700 P/A| + Superannuation | Annual indexation | Portable long service leave | Leave opportunities.
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring;
- Ability to identify and assess family violence risk and complete safety planning.
- Demonstrated experience in working in crisis response initial assessment, including the ability to remain calm, positive and task focused.
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting women and children experience family violence and young people using violence in the home.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence |Working With Children Check |Police Check
- *Minimum of Bachelor in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Family Therapy or substantial experience in a related field. *Family Safe Victoria‘s Minimum Mandatory Qualifications Requirements were introduced on 1st July, 2021 and further details are available at https://safeandequal.org.au/working-in-family-violence/minimum-qualifications/. Diploma qualified applicants with 3+ years experience in the field are also strongly encouraged to apply.
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org