Specialist Family Violence Youth Worker – Morwell/Sale
An exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Family Violence Youth team in supporting Youth to develop positive strategies to address adolescent violence in the home. Work Life-Balance – Based in Morwell/Sale | Flexible work arrangements supported. Job Security – 1EFT full time | Fixed term to 30/6/2023, Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | $84,800 P/A | + Superannuation , located in Morwell 3840
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
- Provide Case management Support to young people who are using violence in the home.
- Facilitate opportunities for the youth to develop positive connections.
- Work within ‘The Best Interests Case Practice Model (DFFH) and Trauma Informed Practice’ frameworks.
- Knowledge of Family Violence principles, philosophies, policies and legislation.
- Identify, assess and prioritise the risk and needs of women, children and young people experiencing family violence.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging| Annual indexation |Employee Assistance Program| Leave opportunities| Flexi time | Wellbeing Program | Portable long service leave.
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring;
- Ability to identify and assess family violence risk and complete safety planning;
- Demonstrated experience in crisis response initial assessment and the ability to stay calm, positive and task focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence |Working With Children Check |Police Check
- Minimum of Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent qualification (Refer to PD) and experience/skills appropriate to the field
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document.
This role is considered an ‘authorised worker’. In light of the Chief Medical Officer’s advice only COVID-19 vaccinated (or exempt) applicants should apply.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org