Specialist Family Violence Practitioners – Inner Gippsland – Fixed Term
Are you looking for a job that is meaningful, challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about supporting women and children escaping Family Violence? Enquire now! Work Life-Balance - Flexible work arrangements | Salary packaging | Flexi time. Wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program | Wellbeing Program |Wellbeing days. Culture - Supportive| Respectful |Inclusive |Diverse | Empowering | Collaborative , located in Latrobe/Baw Baw
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
2 Positions available:–
1 x 1EFT (38hrs) fixed term 12mths
1 x 1EFT (38hrs) fixed term to 30.6.2023 with the potential for extension
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for direct service delivery to women and children escaping family violence.
- Ensuring that service users and their children have access to community resources.
- Provide outreach services and case management to women and children.
- To provide a service which is supportive of the individual needs of women regardless of age, race, culture, sexual preference, class and ability and their children.
- Facilitate community awareness of the rights of women and their children.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Location – Latrobe Valley/Baw Baw | Flexible working arrangements supported
- Job Security – 1EFT ongoing (38hrs per week)
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | $88,700 + Superannuation | Annual indexation | Portable long service leave | Leave opportunities.
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring
- Previous experience in working with this client group and the ability to engage people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of case management practices.
- A demonstrable understanding of and commitment to Intersectional Feminist Philosophy.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence | Working With Children Check |Police Check
- *Minimum of Bachelor in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Family Therapy or substantial experience in a related field. *Family Safe Victoria‘s Minimum Mandatory Qualifications Requirements were introduced on 1st July, 2021 and further details are available at https://safeandequal.org.au/working-in-family-violence/minimum-qualifications/.
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document.
This role is considered an ‘authorised worker’. In light of the Chief Medical Officers advice only COVID-19 vaccinated (or exempt) applicants should apply.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Applications will be considered for progression to interview, as and when they are received.