Specialist Family Violence Child Protection Advisor
• Full time, fixed term and promotional opportunities within the organisation • SCHADS Award Level 6 ($90,000P/A) plus additional employee benefits • Based in Morwell at DHHS office 4 days & Quantum office 1 day p/w, located in Morwell 3840
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
ABOUT THE ROLE – A pivotal role, providing operational and strategic advice to Child Protection practitioners and their managers who undertake investigations of families where a child is or may be in need of protection.
- Provide assessment, planning and intervention in Child Protection investigations where family violence is, or is suspected to be, present.
- Contribute to an integrated and collaborative child-centred, family-focused service system
- Facilitate engagement between and promoting joint work by Child Protection and family violence services in the local area.
- Identify emerging trends, needs and gaps in service delivery and practice issues
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE –
- Expert knowledge of local family violence support services and approaches in the local area.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in the family violence service system, preferably with supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of perpetrator behaviour and impact on children and protective parent
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/WWC/Police Check
- Minimum requirement of Diploma of Community Services
**Quantum is exempt under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to only employ women to family violence worker roles
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document. To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees.