Creating Connections Practitioner
An exciting New! opportunity to be part of an energetic team supporting the Youth of Gippsland.Work Life-Balance – Based in Morwell | Flexible work arrangements supported. Job Security – 1EFT| full time hours (fixed term to 30 July 2022). Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | $84,800 P/A | + Superannuation , located in Morwell 3840
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
- Provide a range of interventions for support and advocacy in regard to young people experiencing homelessness
- Provide individual support and delivering life skill development programs to eligible clients.
- Develop links to education and training and assist linking clients to the private rental market.
- Participate in regular supervision, review and individual planning.
- Contribute and operate effectively within a team environment.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging| Annual indexation |Employee Assistance Program| Leave opportunities| Flexi time | Wellbeing Program | Portable long service leave.
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring;
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting on people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless within the court system.
- Previous experience in related work which demonstrates the ability to engage young people, adults and their families.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver culturally sensitive practices
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence |Working With Children’s Check |Police Check
- Minimum requirement of Diploma of Community Services or other relevant or appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or experience relevant to this position.
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document.
This role is considered as an ‘authorised worker’. In light of the Chief Medical Officer’s advice only COVID-19 vaccinated (or exempt) applicants should apply.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org