Care Services Practitioner – Foster Care
Do you have the enthusiasm and drive to be part of a team providing Foster Care and Case Contracted Services in Gippsland? Then we need you! Work Life-Balance - Flexible work arrangements | Salary packaging | Flexi time. Wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program | Wellbeing Program |Wellbeing days. Culture - Supportive| Respectful |Inclusive |Diverse | Empowering | Collaborative, located in any of our Quantum sites
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
- Support children and young people in the Gippsland community in Foster Care placements. These placements include respite, emergency, short-term and long-term care.
- Hold a caseload of young people, all with subjective, varying needs and age ranges.
- Provide support to Quantum Foster Carers through regular visits, contact and advocacy.
- Facilitate a Care Team Approach to each young person within which you work.
- Motivate, encourage and empower clients to address areas of personal difficulty and consider options for the development of personal wellbeing.
- Work under the Looking After Children Framework.
- Actively promote the establishment and maintenance of positive family relationships.
- Facilitate and encourage family access, reconciliation and reunification where appropriate.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
BENEFITS – What Quantum offer;
- Location – Based from any Quantum Office Site | This role will require flexible working arrangements
- Job Security – 1EFT (38hrs) | Ongoing
- Salary – SCHADS Award Level 5 | $88,700 | + Superannuation | Annual indexation | Portable long service leave | Leave opportunities.
- Supportive, cohesive team environment
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Personal Growth | Training & professional development | Supervision & support
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – what you will bring;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding the out-of-home care system and the available resources and services in Gippsland.
- Skills in assessment, intake and case management.
- An understanding of ages and stages of child/adolescent behaviour and development.
- A trauma informed, therapeutic lens when supporting young people within placements.
- The ability to negotiate and liaise with service providers.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence |Working With Children Check |Police Check
- Minimum requirement of Diploma of Community Services or other relevant or appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or experience relevant to this position.
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document.
To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org