Adolescent’s Building Connections (ABC) Case Manager – South Gippsland & Bass Coast
• Flexible working arrangements including some working from home • 1EFT Fixed term 12 month contract. • SCHADS Award Level 5 ($82,700P/A), located in Morwell 3840
About Quantum Support Services:
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
About the role:
The ABC program is a trauma informed program designed to provide the skills, tools and strategies to encourage positive behaviour and growth in young people, supporting the formation of healthy relationships and connections in their lives.
- To provide a safe environment for adolescent’s who use, or are at risk of using violence at home to develop skills and strategies to manage personal relationships and resolve conflict in a positive way by engaging both a facilitation and case management lens.
- Engage and support families through a holistic case management framework appropriate to support the family while implementing a whole of family approach to positive change.
- Support the Young People and their family unit to build strong and positive connections.
- Utilise models of early intervention including; family therapy, counselling, mediation and individual counselling within a case management framework.
- Assess the eligibility of adolescents to attend the program, creating behaviour management, risk assessment and safety plans as per the MARAM framework.
Employee Benefits and Skills & Experience:
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that can be used to work effectively with adolescents, family members, colleagues, government departments and other agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impacts of Family Violence with a particular focus on adolescents and their families.
- Experience in the delivery of group work in the youth or community sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the impacts of developmental trauma including a conceptual understanding of child developmental stages and needs (e.g. attachment theory.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adolescents presenting with high risk and difficult behaviours.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working with Children Check/Police Check
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications appropriate to the field
How to apply:
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to the attached document. To apply please submit a detailed cover letter with your current Resume and 3 referees.